How can you know if you need driveshaft repair in Patchogue, NY? Most vehicle owners are familiar with the signs that they need other types of auto repair. If they have a flat, they need a new tire. If the oil light comes on, they need an oil change. If the gas tank reads empty, they need to refuel.
But what about driveshaft repair in Patchogue, NY? What are the red flags that this part needs attention? To determine whether or not you need this type of repair, look for the following signs:
- Shakes: Are you experiencing intense shaking from under your vehicle? Vibrations can be caused by worn out bushings that are making the driveshaft shake, or they can be due to tire balance issues. To tell the difference, pay attention to speed. Tire balance issues are worsened by speed, while driveshaft shakes are not affected. If your vehicle has the shakes, be sure to get auto repair in Patchogue, NY right away to avoid further damage to the drivetrain.
- Hard turns: If the driveshaft is failing, it can prevent proper turning. If you are having difficulty controlling your turns, you might need driveshaft repair in Patchogue, NY. This condition can be dangerous on the road. The situation will only worsen if not attended to, so be sure to get repairs as soon as possible.
- Acceleration shudders: When you pull out from a stoplight, does your car shudder? These shudders don’t mean your car is cold or scared. If you are experiencing shuddering when accelerating, this could be due to a bad center bearing or a loose u-joint. Take your vehicle in to a professional to have the driveshaft inspected and repaired.
- Funny noises: A couple of unusual noises can indicate driveshaft issues. Loud, clunking noises that occur when you shift gears often indicate driveshaft damage. Your vehicle likely has a worn u-joint. If the noise is an annoying squeaky sound when you drive at slow speeds, this often means a u-joint simply needs lubrication. If a little grease doesn’t solve this issue, contact your local mechanic for further auto repairs in Patchogue, NY.
- Tapping sounds: Another sound your car may make is a tapping or knocking noise. If you hear this, your car is telling you that it has a worn or failing CV joint. Don’t ignore this red flag. See your local expert for driveshaft repair in Patchogue, NY to take care of the issue and avoid further damage or a future breakdown.
Is your vehicle showing any of these signs that it needs driveshaft repair in Patchogue, NY? If you notice any of these red flags, don’t hesitate to contact your local experts at Gene’s 112 Auto Service Center Inc. We’ve been providing full-service maintenance and auto repair in Patchogue, NY since 2001. We offer the latest technology and top-level service to check your vehicle, make repairs and get you back on the road. Contact our experienced team today with any questions about your vehicle or to schedule an appointment for repairs.
This post was written by Writer