Now that spring is just around the corner, your car likely needs a little bit of extra care after another long winter. The harsh elements that winter weather brings can quickly deteriorate the condition of your car, and without getting a spring auto tune up in Patchogue, NY to make sure that everything is in order, your car could be dealing with damage for a long time to come. Follow along with this checklist to learn about the complete spring tune up that your car needs:
- Check filters: After a long season of fighting off dust and debris, the various filters in your car are likely to be heavily polluted. If these filters remained clogged for too long, the contaminants could eventually reach the engine’s vital components. Keeping the cabin, oil and fuel filters free and clear can help protect your car’s major systems, while improving the vehicle’s efficiency and performance.
- Check the battery: The harsh winter weather can put a strain on your car’s battery, and having it inspected during maintenance is a must. Have the voltage tested and ensure that the battery is fully charged before getting on the road this spring.
- Check tires: If the tires on your car are not properly inflated, they could be susceptible to damage while you are driving. To avoid a dangerous situation, it will also be important to check the tread and condition of your vehicle’s tires.
- Check the brakes: It is a good idea to have your brakes inspected at the same time that your tires are being replaced. A long season of winter driving can wear down your brakes, presenting even more hazards when on the road. The rotors and pads should be inspected and replaced if necessary.
- Change spark plugs: Spark plugs that are worn or full of deposits are prone to misfires and could decrease your fuel economy. Something as simple as changing your spark plugs and their wires routinely could help to prevent numerous costly engine repairs.
- Check emissions: As many states require that your vehicle pass an emissions test when you renew your registration, the spring season is a great time for an inspection. All of the emission controls such as the PCV and EGR valve, as well as the overall emission performance, should be checked to ensure that your car meets state standards.
Thanks to improvements in automobile technology, tune ups are only needed every 30,000 miles or so depending on your driving habits. Even if your vehicle isn’t experiencing operational problems at the time of your appointment, regularly scheduled tune ups can help prevent major repair jobs down the line by catching issues while they are still manageable. Our team at Gene’s 112 Auto Service Center Inc. has been providing the auto tune ups in Patchogue, NY needed to keep cars safely on the road for nearly 20 years. Whether you need help dealing with a specific computer code or just want to give your car the attention it deserves after making it through another winter, make sure you give us a call today to schedule your appointment.
Categorised in: Auto Tune Ups
This post was written by Writer