There are few things more frustrating than being stuck in a hot car on a summer day. When the weather outside is hot, the interior of your vehicle can become downright intolerable relatively quickly. If you’re struggling to get your car’s air conditioning to work, you may find yourself simply resigned to a day of discomfort.
Visiting a mechanic specializing in auto air conditioning repair in Patchogue, NY, however, could make your day significantly more tolerable. Qualified mechanics can make even seriously damaged air conditioning units run as good as new, usually within a fairly manageable amount of time.
Of course, obtaining regular maintenance and tune-ups can help you prevent an air conditioning breakdown from occurring in the first place. Talk to your mechanic about their recommended maintenance schedule to learn more.
Before attempting to repair your car’s air conditioner, the technician working on your vehicle will have to diagnose the cause of the breakdown. Here are just some of the most common causes of a non-working auto air conditioning system:
- Refrigerant leaks: Refrigerant leaks occur when your car is dripping or leaking refrigerant, either from its reservoir or from the refrigerant line, which moves the compressed fluid through the air conditioning system. If you notice oily buildup anywhere along your car’s AC system, bring it in for resealing.
- Electrical problems: Electrical problems are a common issue that can lead to air conditioning troubles. If your air conditioner isn’t even attempting to engage or turn on at all, an electrical problem is likely to blame. This can be remedied by replacing wiring or fuses. Electrical problems are notoriously challenging to diagnose.
- Blocked or broken condenser: After hot refrigerant is compressed, the condenser re-cools it. If the condenser is either blocked or broken, it will prevent the coolant from chilling again, which will adversely impact the effectiveness of your air conditioning system. The remedy may be as easy as cleaning out the grill of your car, or it may require more comprehensive attention.
- Bad compressor: The compressor compresses and cools refrigerant. If your compressor isn’t operational, your car’s air conditioning system won’t work at all. One of the most common things that causes a compressor to fail is extended periods of time without use. If it’s been a while since you last engaged your AC, the compressor might be at fault.
- Faulty fans: Cooling fans blow chilled air through your car’s ducts and keep the condenser cool. If your fans aren’t working at full blast, the condenser may not become sufficiently cool, resulting in refrigerant that isn’t moving through the system as intended.
Gene’s 112 Auto Service Center Inc. is a full-service mechanic shop specializing in auto air conditioning repair in Patchogue, NY. Our technicians are capable of working on both imported and domestic cars. To learn more about our comprehensive approach to car care, repair and maintenance, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today. We’d be happy to discuss the best course of action for maintaining your vehicle.
Categorised in: Auto Air Conditioning Repair
This post was written by Writer