Transmission issues can quickly become serious in vehicles, so it’s important to know and be able to recognize the signs of transmission failure so you can nip the problem in the bud and avoid extremely expensive repair costs.
Here are just a few of the most common signs your vehicle needs transmission repair in Patchogue, NY:
- Difficulties with shifting: If you’ve noticed your vehicle is having a difficult time shifting gears, or is shifting gears but with a very rough and clunky feel to it, then this is a sign that the transmission is beginning to fail. You might also notice delays in acceleration. This is related to the problems you’re having with shifting gears, and could be a potential sign of transmission failure.
- Fluid leaks: It’s never a good sign to notice leaks of your transmission fluids. But how do you know that it’s your transmission fluid that’s leaking? Transmission fluid, when it’s in good condition, will be a deep red color, though it might be a dark brown or black color if the temperature of your vehicle is too high or if the transmission fluid is wearing out. You might consider putting down some cardboard underneath your car while it’s parked to see if the leak is active. If nothing comes out, you don’t need to worry about a leak. But if fluid does come out, the color will tell you whether or not it’s transmission fluid.
- Slipping: Have you noticed your car start to shift by itself for no apparent reason? This might be accompanied by a whining or chirping noise in the engine. This is a problem indicative of a slipping transmission. When this happens, RPMs of more than 3,500 or delays in acceleration are problem signs to watch for. The problem might simply be a low transmission fluid level, but it could be indicative of more serious problems, such as worn-out bands or gears. Either way, if you’re having problems with transmission slipping, you must get them checked out immediately.
- Loud noises: Some noise is acceptable when operating a vehicle, but if you hear loud clunks or whining noises, this is a sign that something is wrong. It could be the transmission that is the source of the problem, but even if it’s not, you should have a skilled auto technician check out your vehicle as soon as possible to get to the root of the issue.
- Check engine light: There are many issues that could result in the check engine light in your vehicle coming on, and transmission problems are among them. Any time the check engine light comes on, you should make it a priority to have an auto technician check out your vehicle and determine what issue has caused it to illuminate.
These are just a few of the most common examples of signs that indicate a potentially serious problem with your vehicle’s transmission. If you’ve noticed any of these issues presenting themselves in your vehicle, it’s important you reach out to a professional auto technician for transmission repair in Patchogue, NY. Contact Gene’s 112 Auto Service Center Inc. today and we’ll be happy to let you know about potential auto repairs that could resolve your car’s problems.
Categorised in: Transmission Repair
This post was written by Writer